Our first new product news sharing of 2009

Images of Shimano’s 2010 Deore groupset have appeared on a couple of German sites so I thought I’d put them up here since I love new Shimano offerings, unless they turn out not to work very well. Apparently the new brakes are going to be easier to bleed than SLX or XT because they have a new design for better oil flow, which should prevent bubbles from collecting in the calliper. Availability is around June 2009 and the colour scheme is called “galaxy black”. There’s also two new Shimano 29er specific products, a 12-36 cassette and a hub with higher torque to handle the larger cassettes used on 29ers with 32point engagement, I don’t know what level they’re but they look pretty ordinary. Well, now we just have to wait for Sram X.X and Shimano XTR 2010.

Full groupset

New Rapidfire Plus shifters with Dual release

Shadow rear derailleur

Servo-Wave brakes, I think???

Photos of Hope’s new seat post have been floating around for a while but this is apparently the finished item. It looks very nice in Hope’s new 20th anniversary colour

In other news
While cleaning the Trance I spotted a crack in the dropout. I took it up to the shop and they’re going to send my fork off to Mojo Suspension to have it looked at it.

No comments: