Progress report

Well, Syncros’s UK distributor finally got the stem and handlebars I ordered two months ago to me…after they sent the wrong item twice and showed a lack of communication and lack of knowledge about the products they sell. My LBS tells me that most of the bike/parts distributors in the UK are pretty useless, and other distributors have sent the wrong stuff to me before so it’s not just this distributor. So here we have a 90mm white grunge Syncros FL stem and 690mm black AM Flat Top handlebars.

The white grunge looks really nice with some moss on top…


Magura, it’s your turn in the toaster!
I could have had my Singular Swift built up and been riding it yesterday but some ridiculously long brake hoses put a stop to that. Seriously, why did Magura bother to bleed the brakes and fit them together when whoever gets them will just have to cut the hoses and re-bleed them? The rear brake hose is so long it would probably still need cutting if it were going on an extra large 36er. The front one is the same size due to Magura being a German company and Germans run their brake levers the other way around so they just send out front and rear brake hoses the same length for every country to simplify things. They didn’t even bleed them that well, the rear brake lever pulled straight to the bars so there’s clearly some air in the system. Just send the brakes out in kits or do the job properly for each country…
More new kit
Sram PC-1 Nickel singlespeed chain and Surly 18tooth cog, hopefully this 18/32 combo with 180mm crank arms will work for me…

I should be able to ride the bike very soon but until then I’m gonna sit here and expect the unexpected, that way I’ll be able to predict any unforeseen problems with getting this bike finished and devise a way of getting around that problem before it actually happens for a change. I’m also going to take the new handlebar and stem out for a spin on my Trance, I’ve always wondered what a shorter stem and wider handlebars would do to the ride.

No comments: