New wheels

It would require a minor miracle to get my Singular rolling without some wheels so here they are...

I was going to use my spare set of DT370 hubs but most unfortunately they have a few less spoke holes than any 29er rims I could find. It took me a while to search out a set of reasonably priced hubs that had good specs and good reviews, in the end I went with Sun Ringle Disc Jockey’s. All I can tell so far is that they have 30 points of engagement from 6pawls which feels solid and gives a sound remarkably similar to the famously loud Hope ProII hub. The cartridge bearings also feel considerably smoother and easier to turn than any unused hub I’ve felt before.

Weird hub shape...

The rims are Mavic TN 719’s, they're easily available here in the UK and made in France. I was a bit surprised by how much DT spokes have gone up in price, they’re now over a pound each for black ones so I used the cheaper silver spokes that my LBS had in stock.

No comments: